Monday, January 28, 2013

What's for lunch 1/29/13

So, I messed up and put tomorrow's lunch for today. Sorry about that.   How do you get your kids to eat more fruits and vegetables ??  You may ask why is it important ? Check  out http://www.livestrong.com/article/263709-benefits-for-teenagers-to-eat-healthy/.  One of my daughters just came home from school starving.  I put out a plate of carrots, peppers, cucumber and hummus. She ate it all.  I try to keep my kids away from processed foods but it can be challenging.  I do my best to make it look colorful and fun.  And of course when cooking with vegetables flavor is very important. Garlic, onions etc. are always great to add. Tonight I am making roasted chicken with acorn squash and string beans with garlic and ginger. Should be delicious !
Enjoy your evening !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment