Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's for lunch 4/10/13


TACOS!
All Natural Beef
Lettuce, Cheese, Salsa & Sour Cream
Corn Tortilla
Brown Rice and Black Bean 
Fresh Fruit 


Our district has contracted with a New York State farm to provide beef raised without antibiotics and hormones. It is more expensive and there is less beef on the menu as a result but it is a huge improvement in the quality of our lunches. We season and prepare this dish. 

The hard taco shells from Mission foodservice contain: whole grain corn, water, vegetable oil (one or more of the following: cottonseed oil, corn oil or palm oil), contains 2% or less of niacin, reduced iron, thiamine, mononitrate, riboflavin lime. No sodium - 6g of fat (2 of which are saturated)   


I like this lunch. You can also leave out the beef and it becomes a yummy vegetarian dish. 

Do you ever have a hard time interpreting labels in the supermarket ? I know I do. Take a look at this label. My feeling if it has too many ingredients and I don't know what they are I may not buy it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment